Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Dating Game

Dave started his new job on Monday. It's been a bit of struggle trying to get know the new ropes and streets. I've stayed behind to get the house ready for our open house on Sunday. During that time, I've also been job hunting. This whole process reminds of the dating scene.

The Flirt

You send out your resume. You know you're a good catch. Others tell you you're a good catch. You bat your eyes to a few prospects knowing that they want you. You increase your flirting by moving more around the room to mingle. Who knows, maybe Mr. Right Job for You is out there, but you were stuck by the pretzel bowl being polite to Mr. Not If My Life Depended On It.

The Wingman

The best partner to have in any search. In the dating world, the wingman either introduces you to the prospect or helps nab the attention of their friends. In the job hunt world, your wingman is a networker. The more people they know, the more people they can introduce to you.

The Wait

The worst part of job hunting and dating. When are they going to call? You keep your phone near. Make sure it works. You check multiple times that you gave out the right number. Why aren't they calling? I mean they've had your number since yesterday, don't they want you?

I started my job hunt this past Sunday. So far, I'm flirting, waiting, and trying to make connections. I haven't heard from any serious prospects. I'm not worried, but more anxious. I don't do well waiting and wondering.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Dave and Blaze, killing the blog scene! HOLLER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to read this as it develops! Good luck in your job search!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you both! What a great adventure! Have fun! : )

    ReplyDelete